Rootstech Connect will be held virtually from 25th – 27th February and RQG is proud to announce that several of its members will be giving talks over the 3-days. If you have any questions then our members will also be available via the Virtual Exhibition Hall.
Registration is free, so check out these fascinating talks! https://www.rootstech.org/?lang=eng
Our Qualified Genealogist Speakers are:
- Don’t Believe The Hints!
- Where Have All The Registers Gone?
- Tracing your Scottish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics
Shannon Combs-Bennett QG
- The Basics of Telling Your Family Story
- Source Citations Are Easy!
- Early American Research Strategies
- The Basics of Genetic Testing and Genealogy
- English Church Records
- English Probate Records pre-1858.
- The Hidden Secrets of the 1939 England & Wales National Register
- Looking for your Irish Ancestors? It’s easier than you think!!
- The Riches of the Scottish Kirk Session Minutes
- Getting the Most out of Scottish Vital Records on ScotlandsPeople
- Researching English Workhouse Records Part one and part two
- Researching for Children in Care in England
Our Student Member Speakers are:
- Dutch research in the 19th and 20th century part one and part two
- Using Dutch parish registers (17th and 18th century)
- Adoption Part 1 background context to adoption
- Adoption Part 2 will look at utilising a DNA test to construct a bio family tree
- Adoption Part 3 ethical dilemmas and varied consequences of deciding to look for bio family
- Births, marriages and deaths in Egypt
- I want my mummy – Egyptology, colonialization, Egyptian DNA
- DNA Basics presentations:
- Mixing DNA with a paper trail
- Collaborating with DNA matches when you’re adopted
- Differences in DNA results between 6 siblings (my 6 children)
- Differences in ethnicity results (based on my 6 children’s ethnicities) (Irish/ Nigerian)
- Ethical dilemmas with DNA results