The Way Ahead: Future Challenges for Genealogy 20 OCTOBER 2018
Colleagues. The Register of Qualified Genealogists are pleased to announce the call for posters for a conference “The Way Ahead: Future Challenges for Genealogy” to be held at the National Railway Museum, York, England on 20 October 2018.
The conference is organised by the Register of Qualified Genealogists (RQG) and will take place at the National Railway Museum, York on 20 October 2018. It is a pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract to give a presentation at the conference. Further information about the conference can be found at www.qualifiedgenealogists.org/yorkconference2018.
The theme of conference will be “The Way Ahead: Future Challenges for Genealogy”.
Possible topics for posters include:
- Poster showcasing a current genealogical study.
- Poster showcasing academic genealogical programmes of study such as dissertations or other studies.
- Poster based on published papers in peer reviewed journals.
- Poster relating to DNA studies within genealogical research.
- Poster about genealogy and adoption.
- Poster discussing archiving and storing data/digitisation/security of storing data and the challenges of large collections of data being made accessible.
- Poster about reconstituted families and fragmentation. How will changes to the family affect genealogical practice in the future?
Why submit a poster?
- Opportunity to network with fellow genealogists.
- Display work in progress for discussion with colleagues.
- Present work without giving a full paper.
Guidance for poster producers
Space for display of posters will be limited, posters will be selected for display based on your abstract submitted as below:
Format. The deadline to submit abstracts for posters is 31 August 2018. Posters should be formatted as A1 or A0 in size.
Word limit. Your abstract should be between 200 and 300 words in length.
To submit your abstract, please click on the following link: www.qualifiedgenealogists.org/abstract-submission.
Submission of abstract. Guidance for authors of abstracts and papers can be downloaded from the www.qualifiedgenealogists.org/yorkconference2018.
Terms and conditions of RQG accepting a poster. When you are accepting our offer to present a poster, you must agree to attend the conference, and you must purchase a ticket to attend the conference within one month of having your poster accepted by RQG.