Genealogist and Family History Researcher
Based in Cambridge, UK, my research services aim to help you:
- find your ancestors
- break down brick-walls you’ve hit in your own research
- uncover details of specific family members
- build back your family tree
- understand the local, historical and social context for particular ancestors.
You may also be interested in:
- checks concerning your own Ancestry online research for certain branches of your tree.
- an assessment and/or helping hand sorting out your genetic genealogy/ autosomal DNA matches.
- local archives support: you live outside the UK or at some distance from Cambridgeshire and need help pinning down some sources and records located in physical archives near me and perhaps taking photographs of relevant findings (subject to copyright).
I live close to Cambridge University libraries/colleges/ archives (includes Ely Dean and Chapter manorial court records), and to Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire and Suffolk county archives, so can visit to access and research original genealogical sources, documents and content which are not available/ accessible in digital format. The British Library and London Metropolitan Archives are also within easy reach.
I would be very happy to discuss and quote for your particular research brief. Please get in touch via the contact link at the bottom of this page or via my website form.
MSt History (local and regional) at University of Cambridge
PG Diploma in Genealogical, Palaeographic and Heraldic Studies at University of Strathclyde
Correspondence Course in Genealogy Certificate at IHGS School of Family History
Diploma in Local History at University of Cambridge
BA (Hons) Literary and Cultural Studies at University of Warwick